Welcome to Tarbert

E-Town / Patterson's Store

The extensive stone perimeter walls are testimony of the commercial prosperity of 19th centuary Tarbert.  This Shannon port town was to become a major import/export hub for North Kerry and West Limerick before the coming of the railways in the late 1850's. A six storey high warehouse was built on the site in 1839 by James Patterson, a Scotsman, to cater for the expanding maritime trade. The site is today and E-Town location with private housing.

Tarbert