Welcome to Tarbert

The Marian Shrine

The portico style shrine to Our Lady was dedicated on 21st October in 1958 to coincide with the consecreation of the New Roman Catholic Church.  The Marian statue  previoulsy stood in the old 1833 Church.  The attractive roadside shrine with iron railings and gate was designed by church architect Mr. P.J Sheehan of Limerick and built by Tarbert Development Association.

Tarbert