Welcome to Tarbert

The Shannonside Bronzes

The significant and varied history of the lower Shannon estuary is artistically captured by Liam Lavery and Eithne Ring in twelve bronze plaques on the south facing windows of Russell's store wall.  The original six storey high stone warehouse was built in 1848 at the height of the Great Famine. Today early Christian saints and Viking invaders, Gaelic Chieftains and Norman overlords share places on the wall with commercial developments of the 19th and 20th centuries telling the Shannonside story.

Tarbert