Welcome to Tarbert

St Brendan's Church of Ireland

A short walk up the Steeple road is the place of worship of the Church of Ireland community.  The church which was originally built in 1778 and rebuilt in 1814 is in the Gothic style. It consists of a square tower approximately 20 meters in high and four pointed spirals which gave it its old Irish tilte of Teampall na hAdharcha- meaning Church of the horns.  The church was rededicated to St Brendan in 1989 and caters for parishioners in North Kerry and West Limerick. There is an adjoining small graveyard.

Tarbert